Once Ascension UCC voted to become Open and Affirming, we set out to explore ways to reach out into the community to show God’s love is for everyone. Our actions, we believe, should reflect that message of inclusion and seeks to live out that call.
From that foundation, we established the Ascension UCC GSA Scholarship. This scholarship seeks to honor a student active in a Gay/Straight Alliance organization which works to provide safe and supportive environments for LGBTQ youth and their allies. Open to any student with the following qualifications:
1. Be a senior student at a high school, and intending to enroll in a 2 or 4 year institution of higher education or trade school in Fall 2018 OR,
2. Be a student at Montgomery County Community College or accepted as a transfer student from MC3 at a four year institution of higher education in Fall 2018. AND,
3. Identify as a gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender student OR a straight ally who can demonstrate an interest in service to and/or support of the LGBTQ community.
This year’s applications can be downloaded here: 2018 Scholarship Application Complete. Please submit your application on paper as directed. Any questions about the application can be directed to Liz Brunton at email@example.com or the Church Office at 610-539-1693.
To continue to endow the Ascension UCC GSA Scholarship Fund, we hold an annual concert event in the spring and welcome your patronage!
- Red ($1-49) Names of all patrons will be placed in the program.
- Yellow ($50-99)
- Green ($100-149) Includes placement of logo/business card with camera ready artwork.
- Pink ($150-199) Includes two tickets to the event.
- Rainbow ($200-499) Includes four tickets to the program.
- Golden ($500) Includes six tickets to the event.
The sponsorship form: 2018 patron form.
Please choose your sponsorship level and send it to: Scholarship Concert, The Reformed Church of the Ascension 1700 Main Street, Jeffersonville, PA 19403.